[Slackbuilds-users] gcc-legacy

Daniel Prosser dpross1100 at msn.com
Fri May 5 02:52:01 UTC 2017

I completed some tests today with SBo's PaleMoon (the from-source
version). I found two sites where it segfaults consistently, no matter
whether I use the ENABLE_DEBUG and OPTIMIZE=-Os or the default
parameters. I also applied the workaround for the Oxygen gtk2 theme that
is mentioned in the README. The sites are:

https://www.yahoo.com/ and
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/

In both cases, just opening up the page would result in a segfault
within a few seconds. For reference, this is on Slackware64-14.2 with
gcc-5.3.0.

Following that, I compiled gcc-4.9.4 and used it instead to build
PaleMoon. Other than that change, the default parameters from the script
were used. This fixed the problem, and now neither site segfaults. I
also tried with the other PaleMoon ("palemoon") on SBo that repackages
the official binary, and with Alien Bob's Pale Moon package. Neither of
those have trouble with those two sites either.

More discussion here:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/palemoon-from-source-slackbuild-4175605127/

Dan