[Slackbuilds-users] gcc-legacy

Christoph Willing chris.willing at iinet.net.au
Sat May 6 23:02:19 UTC 2017

On 04/05/17 11:56, Christoph Willing wrote:

> I've just build 27.3.0 on 14.2 from the SlackBuild, changing only the
> version number. For my personal usage, I've seen no problems with the
> result yet. I understand others may have different usage patterns or
> frequent sites which trigger problems and therefore need something extra
> like this. However it would be a shame to inflict it on all those who don't.
>
> chris
>
> PS. I've seen only vague descriptions of the problems people are having
> when using the new PaleMoon not built with the earlier gcc version. It
> would be good to see something more definite  about these problems so
> others can test/verify them.

Sites https://www.yahoo.com/ and http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/ have
since been mentioned as triggering PaleMoon crashes and I have also
found the same crashing problem with those sites.

I've now built PaleMoon with clang as suggested by montagdude (see
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/palemoon-from-source-slackbuild-4175605127/page3.html#post5706820).
I left it running overnight with the rogue sites loaded in separate
tabs. All still running OK this morning.

Building with clang looks like a good solution.

chris