[Slackbuilds-users] Motion won't compile on -current or 14.2

Sebastian Arcus s.arcus at open-t.co.uk
Tue May 30 12:26:31 UTC 2017

On 30/05/17 12:24, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo wrote:
>> I notice that Motion has been "magically" upgraded to 4.0.1 :-) However,
>> it doesn't compile for me on either -current or 14.2. I get several
>> errors as below - is this an incompatibility with gcc?
>
> Tested on -stable
> https://pastebin.com/NUYvkDa8
>
> Tested on -current
> https://pastebin.com/qxMzUChT

Thank you again for confirming it works on both -current and 14.2. I
have found the problem at my end. Years ago I had to create a soft link
for the videodev.h file (to cope with an old Motion bug!) - and that was
preventing Motion from compiling now:

/usr/include/linux/videodev.h -> /usr/include/linux/videodev2.h

Once I removed the soft link, everything compiled fine. Sorry for the
noise and thank you for the help.