[Slackbuilds-users] Email rejected during submission

johannes at schoepfer.info johannes at schoepfer.info
Sat Nov 4 21:52:22 UTC 2017

On 2017-11-04 21:14, Rob McGee wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 02, 2017 at 09:42:50AM +0100, Franzen wrote:
>> On 01.11.2017 05:27, Daniel Prosser wrote:
>> > Anyone? I see Jorge Giner Cordero had the exact same problem on
>> > October 1, but no one posted a solution. Actually, one person
>> > posted a suggestion to use (applying it to my case) "dpross1100
>> > at msn.com," but that doesn't work.
>>
>> I assume it's about greylisting, especially because hotmail has
>> many mx-records it may take several tries, depending on their
>> setup. You may ask hotmail to whitelist the slackbuilds.org mta,
>
> Actually no, the Slackbuilds.org MTA has no trouble delivering mail
> to Microsoft addresses.  There are several here on the users' list.

I don't want to blame SBo's mta, it's just a guess with greylisting, i
don't have your maillog.
I meant that greylisting may be a problem for submitting, not for this
list where the mta has several tries until sending succseeds.

> The address verification probes are done on the SBo web server, not
> on the mail server.

Ok, then the web server does something with hotmail's mx servers, are
there logs?

>> but i got several bad experiences in the last few years with
>> hotmail and their unpredictable mail handling/policy changes,
>> spamhandling leading to disappead mails which accepted in first
>> place with 250, broken html-Mails by the webfrontend etc.
>>
>> I doubt hotmail will help you, and if, it is likely it will be
>> broken again some month later.
>
> Actually no again.  Right now it seems that Microsoft is among the
> most responsive in the industry.  I would not hesitate to ask them
> for help, but unfortunately I have nothing to go on.

Daniel and Jorge aren't able to submit via hotmail, and your statement
is that the problem is not an SBo's side.

@Jorge: The git log says you submitted obnc-libstd on 2017-10-31 with
your hotmail-address. I don't know much of git and what's possible, was
that mailaddress the one you used to submit or not?

Johannes