[Slackbuilds-users] Request to take over maintainership of openresolv

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen+SBo at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 02:43:03 UTC 2017

SBo Admins,

syncbq, the current maintainer for openresolv hasn't made any updates since
2013. There were several issues with the SlackBuild that prevented it from
working on my system. I've figured out the issues after emailing the
developer, and I've adjusted the SlackBuild to now build a properly working
package.

A user on the LQ forum already attempted to email the maintainer with no
response, and I'd rather not wait another week or two to try emailing
him/her to see if they respond. Are there any issues with me taking over
the maintenance? The last few git updates have been made by admins,
including a version bump by Willy earlier this year.

https://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.2/network/openresolv/

Thanks,
Jeremy