[Slackbuilds-users] /usr/games or /usr/bin/? (console games)

David Melik davidnchmelik at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 00:59:46 UTC 2017

I've been uploading roguelike game SlackBuilds for years and updated
Angband's one, but two versions.  Personally, I'll use one to install in
/usr/games, but someone said SlackBuilds are starting to install games
in /usr/bin (and this is a console game... I'd never put GUI/X stuff in
/usr/games, with the exception of Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup, named crawl,
when you also have crawl-ascii next to it.)  I forgot, is that one
person's preference, or general rule now? (since I uploaded a
few/several this year in which I forgot to make the change, and they
weren't modified.)  I made another SlackBuild that installs to /usr/bin,
in case.

I'd also like some angband testing: I just ran 4.1.0, which said it
couldn't create some directory, undocumented (of course, now my
SlackBuild creates it) so I don't know what else, that's critical, is
undocumented (especially other modes than console, that I don't use.)