[Slackbuilds-users] Monit killed by restart and config file name issues

Sebastian Arcus s.arcus at open-t.co.uk
Tue Oct 31 08:10:39 UTC 2017

I think this has been raised here before, but it seems that the current
rc.monit file still kills the Monit daemon when doing:

/etc/rc.d/rc.monit restart

The solution seems to be to have a 3 second sleep between stop and start
statements.

And while we are at it, Monit seems to be hardwired to use /etc/monitrc
config file, instead of /etc/monit.conf. So although it is possible to
start it with:

monit -c /etc/monit.conf

the config file will have to be passed on the command line every time
when doing "monit status" - otherwise it doesn't work. Would it be
possible to have the default config file at /etc/monitrc, so that "monit
status" just works? I think /etc/monit.conf looks better, but it is a
pain to type the location of the config file every time you want to get
the status of the daemon.