[Slackbuilds-users] Library versions need to be upgraded

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Sep 1 17:52:00 UTC 2017

   I think the problem with not building gnucash-2.6.17 on my 32-bit 14.2
system is related to outdated SBo libraries, specifically libwebp and
webkitgtk.

   libwebp is now at version 0.6.0; it built and upgraded on my desktop.

   webkitgtk is now at version 2.16.6; it apparently switched from configure;
make; make install to CMake. When I try the SBo script (with the correct
version number) it fails:

"./webkitgtk.SlackBuild: line 75: ./configure: No such file or directory"

   One critical library missing from the gnucash build is provided by webkitgtk
(/usr/lib/libicule.so.56), but the SBo version provides 51 instead.

   How do I modify the build script to use CMake so I can upgrade webkitgtk
and see if that allows gnucash-2.6.17 to build on this system?

Rich