[Slackbuilds-users] Building gnucash-2.6.17 fails: no libpng14.la [FIXED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Sep 3 17:42:07 UTC 2017

On Sun, 3 Sep 2017, Robby Workman wrote:

> You didn't *fix* anything. You papered over it. You're just compounding
> the real problem here.
>
> The fact that libgnc-gnome is still linked to libicuuc.so.51 is the
> problem. You shouldn't paper over the problem with symlinks. Fix the
> problem.

Robby,

   That package is provided by the gnucash source code; all libgnc* libraries
are. I've no control over that. Perhaps other distributions still install
version 51 of those libraries so it's not an issue for them.

   Papering works since that's the only thing over which I have control.
Discuss the issue with the gnucash devs (developer-to-developer) and perhaps
they'll fix that in the next version.

Rich