[Slackbuilds-users] Building gnucash-2.6.17 fails: no libpng14.la [FIXED]

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 18:35:43 UTC 2017

>   OK. Some if the *icu* libraries installed here off the 14.2 distribution
> disk are version 56, but those two were not. Why this was the case I've no
> idea.

you still have old stuff installed to which gnucash tries to link that
links to the old icu, and I haven't the slightest of what it could be.

you can install Harald's sbbdep (
https://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.2/system/sbbdep/ ), run it once
without arguments (so that it builds its own database) and then run it
again like

sbbdep --who-needs /usr/lib/libicuuc.so.51

and it should tell what package you have installed that needs the old
version of libicu*

I have no idea if it supports also stuff installed in /usr/local/ but
it's your duty to check this stuff.

Matteo