[Slackbuilds-users] Problem: MD5 fail in GeoIP

Willy Sudiarto Raharjo willysr at slackbuilds.org
Sat Sep 30 22:21:31 UTC 2017

> Posting here because I suspect the problem applies even to the official
> slackbuilds despite the fact that I use current.
>
> Upon downloading GeoIP sbopkg complains that there is a MD5 sum
> mismatch.
>
> Can you look into the matter please?

It has been written on the README

If you are using sbopkg and you have md5sum errors, you need to
delete your old data files from the cache and try again.

basically GeoIP uses the same source filenames, so it will have invalid
MD5 checksum when they are updated unless you remove the old sources first

--
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo