[Slackbuilds-users] Build failure: gnucash 2.6.19

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Apr 1 13:24:22 UTC 2018

On Sun, 1 Apr 2018, David O'Shaughnessy wrote:

> Thanks, that was the problem. The build completes when the old version is
> removed beforehand.

Dave,

   The reason is that GC hard-codes specific library versions in the source.
When the SBo script builds it finds an older version on the system while the
make file is looking for a newer version. Or vice-versa; I forget which.
I've stumbled over this a couple of times. Now I think I'll remember the
problem when I upgrade. :-)

> Btw, it might be worth noting this potential problem in the README?

   +1

Rich