[Slackbuilds-users] How to manage libs in a non default lib dir ?

nico slack at lodpp.net
Sun Apr 8 14:00:32 UTC 2018

On 04/08/2018 12:21 AM, David Spencer wrote:
>>> As I want to submit those slackbuilds once finished to slackbuilds.org, what
>>> could be an acceptable solution to fix the lib issues ?
>>
>> You'll want to coerce the packages to install to the system directories
>> of lib/lib64.  Sometimes one will need to work with upstream to
>> accomplish this task.
>
> Agreed. In SBo packages, /usr/local is *never* acceptable.
>
> Some things you can try:
>
> - Look for a cmake option to set the installation prefix to /usr instead
> of /usr/local.  If you still have the directory in /tmp/SBo/<dirname>,
> cd to /tmp/SBo/<dirname>/build and type 'ccmake ..' and look at all the
> config options to see if one of them is set to /usr/local (you might
> have to type 't' to use advanced mode) and then change the SlackBuild to
> set that cmake option to /usr
>
> - Look at CMakeLists.txt for some braindead hardcoded /usr/local, if so,
> use sed in the SlackBuild to change it to /usr
>
> Thanks
> -D.

Thanks all for the feedback. It helps a lot !

For my knowledge : why using  /usr/local is *never* acceptable ?

About the subject:
The CMakeFile.txt for dublin-traceroute was straightforward as
CMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR was already implemented.

It was not the case for libtins on the other hand....
I tried to patched the 2 CMakeLists.txt so it can use the
CMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR as well.
I used diff/patch instead of `sed` but probably not in the best way.

I will asked the upstream is something can be done on that matter.

I pushed both slackbuilds here if someone wants to take a look:
https://github.com/lodpp/Slackbuilds

Regards,
Nico