[Slackbuilds-users] Does anyone have trouble building DevIL ?

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 05:17:53 UTC 2018

On 8/13/18, Doogster <thedoogster at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was sent this patch to get 17.8 to build on -current. I didn t
> incorporate it because it s not needed on 14.2.
>
> http://gentoo.kevag-telekom.net/rsync/media-libs/devil/files/devil-1.7.8-jasper-remove-uchar.patch

If it doesn't actually do any harm on 14.2, you might as well include
it. You're going to have to (or somebody's going to have to) when 15.0
is released, might as well get ahead now.

Not saying you should go actively looking for compile issues on -current,
but if someone hands me a patch like that I apply it to save myself
future work...