[Slackbuilds-users] Does anyone have trouble building DevIL ?

Ythogtha yth at ythogtha.org
Tue Aug 14 08:10:15 UTC 2018

> On 8/13/18, Ythogtha <yth at ythogtha.org> wrote:
> > Here is what happens when I try to build DevIL 1.8.0 (I already have 1.7.8
> > built and installed) :
> > [ 40%] Building CXX object src-IL/CMakeFiles/IL.dir/src/il_dds-save.cpp.o
> > /tmp/SBo/DevIL/DevIL/src-IL/src/il_dds-save.cpp: In function 'ILuint
> > Compress(ILimage*, ILenum)':
> > /tmp/SBo/DevIL/DevIL/src-IL/src/il_dds-save.cpp:711:32: error: invalid
> > conversion from 'void*' to 'ILubyte* {aka unsigned char*}' [-fpermissive]
> >       ByteData = ilConvertBuffer(Image->SizeOfData, Image->Format, IL_BGRA,
> > Image->Type, IL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, NULL, Image->Data);
> >
> > Does anyone have the same issue ?
>
> No, but...
>
> > Any idea ?
>
> It's telling you what to do in the very error message itself: add
> -fpermissive to the compile command. Easy way would be to add it to
> SLKCFLAGS just after the if/else block that sets it:
>
> SLKCFLAGS="$SLKCFLAGS -fpermissive"
>
> You on -current, or did you get this error on 14.2?

	I'm on 14.2, that's why I'm raising the issue.

If nobody else has the same problem then it probably comes from my own box, but
the error does not point to an interference with another slackbuilded package...
	I don't have a problem with adding -fpermissive on my own DevIL
slackbuild, but if I need to tweak on my up-to-date-and-fully-patched 14.2
whereas other don't, then my box might be somehow broken...
	The problem might come from the multilib install, but again, I don't see
anything relevant to that in the error message.

--
Arnaud <yth at ythogtha.org>