[Slackbuilds-users] Github has now fixed the download problem

David Spencer idlemoor at slackbuilds.org
Mon Aug 20 08:28:57 UTC 2018

Hi folks,

It seems to be fixed now; if any of you still have problems, please let
us know and we'll follo it up.

They replied nine hours ago to say:

  Thanks for reaching out to GitHub Support, and sorry for the trouble.

  We're currently investigating similar reports regarding this issue,
  and we've added your report to our list.

  While we can't share a specific ETA just yet, we'll be sure to update
  you as soon as there's any news to share!

and then they replied six hours ago:

  I just wanted to let you know that our engineers have recently
  deployed a fix for this issue, so it should now be resolved.

  Thanks for your patience, and for taking the time to report the
  trouble! Let us know if there's anything else we can do.

(I was asleep when this happened, so apologies for the delay passing on
the good news.)

You'll be pleased to know their emails are reply-at-the-top, HTML
formatted, with broken quoting of HTML-sensitive characters like < and >

*Thanks* to everybody who helped with this, especially bosth, who
diagnosed it in detail and created the workround, and yustin, who
prepared an emergency mass update in case Github replied with "notfound
wontfix".

Cheers everybody
-D.