[Slackbuilds-users] possible matplotlib patch

Benjamin Trigona-Harany slackbuilds at jaxartes.net
Tue Dec 4 01:09:43 UTC 2018

Hi Serban,

I wonder if this small patch would make sense for libraries/matplotlib?
I've been having an issue where the script fails silently shortly after
setup.py is run.

The following error is in SETUP.OUTPUT:
Unable to access the X Display, is $DISPLAY set properly?

After some trial and error, I've found that disabling wxagg in setup.cfg
avoids the script needing access to X. I do have wxPython and wxGTK3
installed but this issue only crops up on one of my two Slackware
laptops. The patch simply ensures that wxagg is disabled and I don't
think there's any downside to doing this.

Incidentally, I don't think SETUP.OUTPUT was meant to be added to the
repo, although no harm from it being there.

Thanks!