[Slackbuilds-users] Kodi and ffmpeg

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 06:41:03 UTC 2018

On 02/04/2018 06:54 AM, Daniel Stein wrote:
> Doesn't the Kodi build use it's own ffmpeg for the build?
>
> On Feb 3, 2018 10:34 PM, "King Beowulf" <kingbeowulf at gmail.com
> <mailto:kingbeowulf at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     The kodi Slackbuild states:
>
>     # The version of ffmpeg on SBo is too old to compile kodi
>
>     and provides ffmpeg-3.1.11 however SBo provides ffmpeg-3.2.4
>
>     -Ed

Maybe I was too terse: the version of ffmpeg supported by the kodi
script maintainer is older than the one provided by the script to
compile kodi.  The comment in the build script is now misleading.  It is
NOT that SBo ffmpeg is too old, rather that kodi devs REQUIRE a
ffmpeg-3.1.x as they have patched it for kodi "krypton"

Whether ffmpeg upstream is aware of these patches, I'm too tired to
research...

-Ed