[Slackbuilds-users] dfu-util version

Christoph Willing chris.willing at iinet.net.au
Sat Feb 10 12:01:12 UTC 2018

On 10/02/18 21:50, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo wrote:
>> I'm just processing updates from 20180210.1 and find that
>> system/dfu-util has changed version from 0.8 to 0.3 along with a change
>> in DOWNLOAD url to slackbuildsdirectlinks, presumably because version
>> 0.3 is no longer available from the originating software repo (where,
>> incidentally, the current version is 0.9).
>>
>> Any reason for reverting to 0.3 rather than upgrading to 0.9?
>
> 0.3 is the current version we had in our repo and the problem was a
> broken link, so i tried not to change the version unless there's no
> other choice.
>
> We never had 0.8 based on git history

Sorry, I asked the wrong question. I just realised I was comparing
versions in a personal branch which I had updated locally in 2015 to 0.8.

The version in master was updated to 0.3 back in 2010 and the maintainer
at that time doesn't appear in the git log again since then (although
there have been some small script changes by admins since then). I'll
try emailing the maintainer about an update - if I hear nothing back in
a week or so (and no one objects), I'll take it over and update it.

chris