[Slackbuilds-users] vlc fails

Ythogtha yth at ythogtha.org
Sun Feb 18 08:29:55 UTC 2018

> On 18/02/18 02:10, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo wrote:
> >> /tmp/SBo/vlc-3.0.0/bin/.libs/lt-vlc-cache-gen: symbol lookup
> >> error: /usr/lib/libvtkCommonDataModel.so.1: undefined symbol:
> >> _ZN49vtkInformationQuadratureSchemeDefinitionVectorKeyD1Ev Makefile:1789 :
> >> la recette pour la cible « ../modules/plugins.dat » a échouée make[2]: ***
> >> [../modules/plugins.dat] Erreur 127 make[2] : on quitte le répertoire
> >> « /tmp/SBo/vlc-3.0.0/bin »
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > Have you tried to rebuild all vlc dependencies?
> >

> About vlc dependencies - I have seen this particular error and believe
> it is due to vlc building with optional opencv support (and opencv is
> built with VTK support - the default). It (vlc) certainly builds OK when
> opencv if _not_ present at build time.
>
> Alternatively, opencv could be built without VTK support:
>     CVVTK=no sh opencv.SlackBuild
> although I haven't tried this since I think VTK is probably more
> valuable to opencv's functionality than opencv is to vlc's functionality.
>
> I'll investigate this further during the coming week.
>
> chris

I was exactly there.
VLC fails complaining about a missing symbol in
/usr/lib64/libvtkCommonDataModel.so.1
So I rebuilt VTK, then opencv, then VLC, and it failed again.

And VLC builds fine without opencv.
As VTK and opencv are both the latest releases available, I guess there isn't
much we can do about it here.
I haven't found any help on google for now...

--
Arnaud <yth at ythogtha.org>