[Slackbuilds-users] trying to fix sage-8.1 build script - advice needed

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 06:51:44 UTC 2018

On 01/07/2018 09:23 PM, Robby Workman wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Jan 2018 20:16:23 -0800
> King Beowulf <kingbeowulf at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> ...  Now, in the the prebuilt binaries, they have a
>> python script that will patch all the dozens of hard coded files:
>>
>> p = SearchAndReplace(ROOT_PATH,
>> '/mnt/disk/home/buildslave-sage/slave/binary_pkg/build/source/SageMath/jc4b6yulaujayb9sr94ia88eourzeq',
>> DESTINATION)
>

> Can you attach that entire script, please?
>
> -RW

It's pretty hefty at 1.6MB - relocate-once.py, so here is a link of the
build script WIP location:

http://www.linuxgalaxy.org/files/sbo-testing/14.2/academic/sage/

The script appears to patch the 1st 5 files then fails on
'/opt/sage/local/bin/ESingular' with an "AssertionError"

The package at 1.6GB, case you don't want to wait several hours for the
compile:

http://www.linuxgalaxy.org/files/sbo-testing/14.2/packages/

note that I haven't added relocate-once.py to the slackbuild yet but it
is part of the package.  Also, as long as SAGEROOT=/tmp/SBo/sage-8.1 the
program runs fine.  Once installed, just move it to that directory.

Have fun.  I'll be traveling for work next week so not sure when I can
respond.

Thanks
-Ed