[Slackbuilds-users] What is the best way to add a tag to the version of a program?

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Wed Jan 10 23:46:26 UTC 2018

Le 11/01/2018 à 00:12, Daniel Prosser a écrit :
> 2. That said, sbotools should check the BUILD as well as the VERSION
> when determining whether a package should be upgraded.

I agree, and think that pretty much every tools do (or should do) the
same, considering that a "well formed" Slackware package name has the
following form (without the trailing .t?z of the file name):

There only requirement for <version> and <build> is not to contain any
hyphen, so that the package short name can always be determined as:
printf <package full name> | sed s/-[^-]*-[^-]*-[^-]*$//

So any change in <version> or <build> should trigger a proposal to
replace the currently installed package.

At least that's how I see it.

Didier