[Slackbuilds-users] letsencrypt updates

Eric Pratt eric.b.pratt at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 00:15:24 UTC 2018

On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 3:56 PM, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo <
willysr at slackbuilds.org> wrote:

> The default value for vhost_files is "*"
> probably you can try to change it back to default and see if it works on
> your setup?
>
> I think it's quite safe to use the default value instead of specific
> file (httpd-vhosts.conf)

​Yeah, I saw that in the patch file too.  I'll try it out when I get off
work tonight and let you know.  I'm sure it will work because that really
just tells certbot what files to search for vhost configs within the
server_root (/etc/httpd/) directory structure.  So I suspect it will work
as advertised with the default.

I actually wish they did it in the opposite way, providing a filter to
refuse to search certain files for vhosts.  A lot of distros have log
directory symlinks configured in their /etc/httpd directories and having
certbot scan all the log files on larger web servers would really be a
waste of time and system resources.  Oh well.
​