[Slackbuilds-users] VLC build for Slackware 14.2

Aubrey Legendre aubreylegendre at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 02:46:54 UTC 2018

Hey guys, I hope I'm not sending this to the wrong group, please excuse
me if it's not correct.

I have installed full version of all software for Slackware 14.2, not
added anything other than what's on the install disk.  Then I came to
slackbuilds.org to get everything needed to build VLC.  In the list of
dependencies is QT5.  I compiled it (and it's dependencies) and I think
it breaks something for QT4 that's already installed, and this disables
VLC from compiling.  Once I removed the QT5 package, then reinstalled
the QT4 package from install disk, and re-compiled VLC again, it works.

It may be worth mentioning that building QT5 took a little over 12 hours.

Thank you for all that you do!

-Aubrey Legendre