[Slackbuilds-users] prompt_toolkit version used no good for python-2.7

rob van nues rvnues at disroot.org
Mon Jul 2 09:17:24 UTC 2018

Hi,

Thanks for all the python builds.

Recently, however, Sbo-upgrades killed my ipython/jupyter setup (in
python-2.7).
The problem lies with prompt_toolkit-2.0.3 in the slackbuild script for
prompt_toolkit. This needs to be a version 1.

prompt_toolkit-2.0.3 is incompatible with python-2.7
and maybe not ready for ipython3

https://github.com/ipython/ipython/pull/11177
https://github.com/jonathanslenders/python-prompt-toolkit/issues/647

At first it seemed a swap of versions in the two builds:
The 2.0.3 version of prompt_toolkit in the python2 script could have
been for python3-prompt_toolkit, which has version 1.0.15, the
version that works with  python 2;

With 2.0.3,  also ipython3 (without recompiling) does not work at my
end; it gives the same error I noticed when compiling jupyter or
starting ipython in the shell:
"...from prompt_toolkit.shortcuts import create_prompt_application,
create_eventloop, create_prompt_layout, create_output ....."

HTH

rob
--

Rob van Nues