[Slackbuilds-users] SlackBuilds-users Digest, Vol 147, Issue 2

Ythogtha yth at ythogtha.org
Mon Jul 2 13:03:37 UTC 2018

> > Hi guys,
> > i recently came across the repology website:
> > https://repology.org/
>
> Thanks, Petar; found out that I can update a package...
>
> What I find quite worrying is that the search by email works too
> well.
>
> Email addresses are somewhat scrambled in the info-files; so why does
> this site publish the unscrambled version that can lead to quite a bit
> of spam? This seems contrary to policies adhered to here.
>
> I will ask the maintainer amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru
>
> rob

Maintainers emails are pretty public in the SBo repository.
	A quick grep shows 761 different maintainers email, of which 96 are
somehow scrambled (of which 4 are yours ^^), and 665 are plain.

	Besides, the kind of scrambling we're talking about
(guy at domain dot tld, or john[dot]doe[at]domain[dot]tld) aren't really a
difficulty for spammers.
	I could write a script in 15 minutes that'll scrape plain and scrambled
emails off of any webpages, if they're scrambled like that.

	So, well, I don't think you should be more worried now than you were
before.

--
Arnaud <yth at ythogtha.org>