[Slackbuilds-users] youtube-dl DOWNLOAD= moved ?

Ed Ender skaendo at excite.com
Sat Jul 14 13:46:52 UTC 2018

>Now I understand what do you mean, thank you. BTW, github in both cases
>is referring me to Amazon's S3
>https://github-production-release-asset-2e65be.s3.amazonaws.com

LOL. So it's a referral that points to another referral. I guess that everybody
want's to get that "hit".

>I think it's not just aesthetics, because the ".../latest/..." link is
>broken.

That's my main issue with those links. It's really pointless to use referral
links if you have to update them every time. The correct way to use those
links is like how Slimjet does and has a file with a generic name. ie;
"https://www.slimjetbrowser.com/release/slimjet_amd64.tar.xz"
Then the link never changes and never needs to be updated.

-Ed