[Slackbuilds-users] build of zathura stops on CURRENT

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 13:25:38 UTC 2018

>>> In file included from zathura/synctex.c:8:0:
>>> /usr/include/synctex/synctex_parser.h:53:29: fatal error:
>>> synctex_version.h: No such file or directory
>>> compilation terminated.
>>

>> Attached patch adds synctex_version.h to texlive,
>> and may be applied to the buildscript by
>>
>> + # Add missing synctex header
>> + patch -Np0 -i $CWD/patches/synctex-missing-header.patch || exit 1
>
> Hi Johannes,
>
> I applied the patch to texlive and then tried again to rebuild zathura
> and qpdfview, but unfortunately it seems that synctex still doesn't
> work :(
>
> https://pastebin.com/yTvC4ErA
>
> https://pastebin.com/NxBrMAPC

actually, if I upgrade qpdfview to the latest beta release it seems to
build fine if I apply the above patch to texlive.

but, as its README says, zathura cannot be upgraded in stable because
the last version compatible with gtk+3 in stable is 0.3.8, so an
eventual update that fixes the build with the newer synctex might be
current-only.

Matteo