[Slackbuilds-users] qt5 + pulseaudio

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Tue May 8 16:43:01 UTC 2018

> That assumption is irrelevant and if a maintainer is not willing to
> respond to bug reports then it should be possible to implement fixes
> without the maintainer.
>
> The bottom line is that this patch would make the qt5.SlackBuild more
> fail proof and the only reason to not accept it is to spite people who
> do not use pulseaudio. This can only have a negative effect on the
> usefulness and reliability of SBo...

we have different opinion on what is a bug an what are legit
maintainer decisions.
optional pulseaudio support is surely not a bug: pulseaudio is not
optional at all in slackware 14.2 and I explained why we cannot
consider it optional even in the next Slackware release: stuff in
/extra is not part of a Slackware full installation and we support
just that.
that said, is up to the maintainer if they want to add a switch in
their SlackBuilds to make pulseaudio optional (with pulseaudio enabled
by default, of course), and it's up to the users to use it (under
their own responsibility) or not.

Matteo