[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20180519.1 (geoclue2)

Willy Sudiarto Raharjo willysr at slackbuilds.org
Sat May 19 13:30:36 UTC 2018

>> I can reproduce the problem on 14.2
>>
>> I think the confusion is that mm-glib and glibmm are 2 different
>> things. mm-glib is from modem-manager, whereas glibmm is the C++ API
>> for GLIB (which geoclue2 is not using).
>>
>> One can disable the modem-manager dependency and make it compile fine
>> on 14.2 by add the configure flags:
>> --disable-modem-gps-source --disable-3g-source --disable-cdma-source
>>
>> Hope this helps
>
> It does, yes, thanks Greg.  *However* I think removing modem-manager
> support would potentially be a regression for some people.
>
> I'm going to revert to geoclue2 2.4.7 until Aaditya can look at it.
> We don't always need the newest version of everything ;)

Hi all

I was the one asking Aaditya to make avahi as optional dep instead of
mandatory dep for geoclue2, but i didn't know that he was going to
update the script to newer version which only works in -current.

David (idlemoor) has fixed the version in his branch and will be merged
to master soon.

--
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo