[Slackbuilds-users] postgis and CGAL 4.12

Benjamin Trigona-Harany slackbuilds at jaxartes.net
Wed May 23 02:09:05 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 20 May 2018 09:47:57 PDT Konrad J Hambrick wrote:
> I the meantime, postgis does work with everything updated EXCEPT CGAL-4.12
>
> Any ideas ?

So far I've been able to confirm everything you said: PostGIS won't compile
with CGAL 4.12 and SFCGAL. David and I were coordinating on upgrading CGAL
from 4.9 and the 4.11 upgrade was fine but I missed how it broke PostGIS with
the more recent 4.12. I suppose it's because it's only an optional dependency
for PostGIS ...

There are a few ways of fixing the issue: remove SFCAL; add --without-sfcgal
to PostGIS's configure; or downgrade CGAL to 4.11. The choice likely depends
on whether you need the additional PostGIS functions provided by SFCAL and
whether you need SFCGAL on your system for something else!

Ben