[Slackbuilds-users] graphviz build failure

Nate Bargmann n0nb at n0nb.us
Thu May 24 12:49:54 UTC 2018

* On 2018 24 May 07:23 -0500, Matteo Bernardini wrote:
> hi Nate,
>
> could it be that you got a version of java installed (like jdk, for
> example) and graphviz detect it and build a module for it, but you are
> building graphviz becoming root with a simple "su" and not "su -" so
> that your shell doesn't have the command javac in its path?

I always log in with 'su -l' and this was no exception.

I only have the jre package installed:

/var/log/packages
$ ls *java*
gcc-java-5.5.0-x86_64-1_slack14.2
/var/log/packages
$ ls *jre*
jre-8u162-x86_64-1
/var/log/packages
$ ls *jdk*
/bin/ls: cannot access '*jdk*': No such file or directory

I do find the following from 'locate javac':

/usr/lib64/jvm/bin/javac

I need to investigate why that is not in my root or user path, I guess.

- Nate

Web: http://www.n0nb.us  GPG key: D55A8819  GitHub: N0NB