[Slackbuilds-users] Calibre compilation

Alexander Verbovetsky alik at ejik.org
Thu May 24 17:11:38 UTC 2018

Hello,

My attempt to build calibre (using slackrepo) failed with the following
error:

-----
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'/tmp/SBo/calibre-3.9.0/build/pyqt/pictureflow/pictureflow.exp'
-----

I think that this happens because "setup.py install" drops the root
privileges at some moment:

-----
Dropping privileges to those of alik: 1000
-----

Correspondingly, I added to the SlackBuild the following snippet from
http://www.slackware.com/~alien/slackbuilds/calibre/build/calibre.SlackBuild
by Eric Hameleers:

-----
# This dropping of privilege is unnecessary and breaks the SlackBuild:
sed -i -e "s:if os.geteuid() == 0:if False and os.geteuid() == 0:" \
  setup/install.py
-----

and the error disappeared. This works for both 3.9.0 (SBo version) and
3.23.0 (current version).

Best regards,
Alexander