[Slackbuilds-users] Odd Directory Name in OpenSceneGraph-3.5.5.tar.gz

Konrad J Hambrick kjhambrick at gmail.com
Sat May 26 19:46:00 UTC 2018

Chris --

This is a Slackware64 14.2 + Multilib System.

The 'root' directory name in OpenSceneGraph-3.5.5.tar.gz is kinda-sorta odd.

What's in the OpenSceneGraph.tar.gz file is:

   OpenSceneGraph-OpenSceneGraph-3.5.5/

What's expected in the OpenSceneGraph.SlackBuild file is:

   OpenSceneGraph-3.5.5/

This is perfectly fine for the first build -- the tar file is extracted
into a new directory so all is well.

However, when -or- if one needs to rebuild OpenSceneGraph ( like I did )
then the cmake build will 'continue' in the stale directory.

Patch for the odd directory structure of the existing
OpenSceneGraph-3.5.5.tar.gz is attached.

Or maybe this should be reported upstream ???

Here is another one ... I had the OPTIONAL Package
fltk-1.3.3-x86_64-2_SBo.tgz installed for the flSynclient Package.

It turns out that OpenSceneGraph will build example_osgviewerFLTK if FLTK
is installed.

However it fails for fltk-1.3.3.

Here is the tail of my build log:

Scanning dependencies of target example_osgviewerFLTK
[100%] Building CXX object
examples/osgviewerFLTK/CMakeFiles/example_osgviewerFLTK.dir/osgviewerFLTK.cpp.o
[100%] Linking CXX executable ../../bin/osgviewerFLTK
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-slackware-linux/5.5.0/../../../../lib64/libfltk_gl.so:
undefined reference to `Fl_XFont_On_Demand::value()'
examples/osgviewerFLTK/CMakeFiles/example_osgviewerFLTK.dir/build.make:123:
recipe for target 'bin/osgviewerFLTK' failed
make[2]: *** [bin/osgviewerFLTK] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:18128: recipe for target
'examples/osgviewerFLTK/CMakeFiles/example_osgviewerFLTK.dir/all' failed
make[1]: ***
[examples/osgviewerFLTK/CMakeFiles/example_osgviewerFLTK.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I upgraded FLTK to version 1.3.4-2 ( yes ... it is 'dash 2' ) and
OpenSceneGraph compiled and installed and runs properly now.

One last thing I noticed ( :) I swear that is all :) ) that I am still
trying to track down is that the $occ variables ( -DOPENCASCADE_INCLUDE_DIR
-and- -DOPENCASCADE_LIBRARY_TYPE ) are both ignored by the OpenSceneGraph
cmake configurator.

Here is the log message:

   CMake Warning:
     Manually-specified variables were not used by the project:

       OPENCASCADE_INCLUDE_DIR
       OPENCASCADE_LIBRARY_TYPE

Anyhow ... like I said, I am still looking into this one on my System.

Thanks for all the SlackBuilds Chris !

-- kjh