[Slackbuilds-users] Odd Directory Name in OpenSceneGraph-3.5.5.tar.gz

Christoph Willing chris.willing at iinet.net.au
Mon May 28 21:15:01 UTC 2018

On 29/05/18 01:40, Konrad J Hambrick wrote:
> Chris --
>
> Are we all good now ?
>
> Do I need to do any testing for you ?

Well, since you have an fltk package that works for you (allows
OpenSceneGraph to build), you could stop there.

However I am still interested in whether OSG would build with the fltk
in the Slackware extra directory. I notice this one includes a patch
(Fl_XFont_On_Demand.patch.gz) named suspiciously like the error you
first reported:

/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-slackware-linux/5.5.0/../../../../lib64/libfltk_gl.so:undefined
reference to `Fl_XFont_On_Demand::value()'

Therefore I wonder if you replaced your existing fltk with the standard
one in extra, whether you could still build OpenSceneGraph. It works
here so I'm loathe to ask the SBo version's maintainer to update to
1.3.4-2 (even though I've tested it and found no ill-effects).

chris