[Slackbuilds-users] Odd Directory Name in OpenSceneGraph-3.5.5.tar.gz

Christoph Willing chris.willing at iinet.net.au
Wed May 30 02:59:02 UTC 2018

On 30/05/18 10:39, Konrad J Hambrick wrote:
> Chris --
>
> Whew !  That was a lot of SlackBuilding ; upgradepkging ; ldconfiging !
>
> Bottom Line:  OpenSceneGraph builds ; installs ; runs fine with fltk
> 1.3.3 + the Slackware patch from extra/ !
>
> Below are the packages I rebuilt and installed -- from extra/fltk-1.3.3
> all the way thru postgis-2.4.4.
>
> Now what ???

Thanks for all that - and good that it all works.

What it all means (I think) is that:
1. the binary 1.3.3 from extra will also work i.e. no need to build an
SBo version at all

2. the existing SBo version would also probably work unpatched if you
rebuilt it now. It actually has a sed line which emulates the patch from
extra and I suspect that the version you first used (which created the
error you originally reported building OSG) was built before that sed
line was added to the SlackBuild. We could confirm that theory by
checking file dates inside that "bad" fltk package (if you still had it)
and compare it with the date that the sed line was added to the
SlackBuild (using the SBo git history). Life's too short for all that
though - it works!

chris