[Slackbuilds-users] About owncloud-client SlackBuild

Luiz Carlos Ramos lramos.prof at yahoo.com.br
Sat Nov 10 12:42:57 UTC 2018

Matteo and Didier,

On Sat, Nov 10, 2018 at 10:57:58AM +0100, Matteo Bernardini wrote:
> Il giorno ven 9 nov 2018 alle ore 21:35 Luiz Carlos Ramos
> <lramos.prof at yahoo.com.br> ha scritto:
> > which points to something related to the Sphinx package as it is
> > suggested in the first line. I'll try to get more information as the
> > availability of time permits.
>
> IMHO, I would just expand what is already in the README
>
> "This package optionally requires the Sphinx package in order to create its
> man pages."
>
> with
>
> "This package optionally requires the Sphinx package in order to create its
> man pages (in this case you will also need texlive installed)."

In fact, the man pages seem to be being built correctly. The problem is
when the pdf files are being built.

I made a test to get some more conclusions: after the problem, I went to
/tmp/SBo/owncloud-client-2.4.2/build as root, run "make help" and got
some targets to test. I tested some of them, and these ones have run
smoothly:

  make doc-man
  make doc-html
  make doc-latex
  make doc-dev

but this specific one gave me the error we're telling about:

  make doc-pdf

I have to recognize that one phrase of mine in the last email is bad
worded and may be wrong: I made the assumption that one line in the file
/tmp/SBo/owncloudclient-2.4.2/build/doc/latex/Makefile pointed to
Sphinx, but I should be more careful, telling that that line was a
comment in the header. What could be understood as a truth is actually
only a suposition and maybe a hint. Whether Sphinx is related to the
problem, is actually matter of discussion.

One thing to check in your working environment, if possible, is the
result of the command "make doc" when it is executed in the directory
/tmp/SBo/owncloudclient-2.4.2/build. Assuming that it will work, I would
also be interested in the result of "make doc-pdf". I'd like even more
to get a "verbose log" of this run, but I am not aware of a way to do it
with cmake-generated Makefiles (like running "make V=1", which works for
the Linux kernel and some other packages).

Many thanks,

Luiz