[Slackbuilds-users] Small change to kodi.desktop

Daniel Prosser dpross1100 at msn.com
Tue Oct 2 03:34:43 UTC 2018

Hi,

I just installed Kodi for the first time in awhile, and I noticed that when
using plank (a dock), I am not able to keep the Kodi icon in the dock as a
launcher. Additionally, a generic icon is displayed in the dock when it is
running, rather than the icon provided by the theme. It turns out that if you
add this line:

TryExec=kodi

to kodi.desktop, both problems are resolved. Based on the freedesktop.org
standards for desktop entries, TryExec seems pretty important, and therefore
leaving it out may cause other applications in addition to plank to not handle
it optimally. Can the SlackBuild be patched to add that line to kodi.desktop?

https://standards.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/desktop-entry-spec-latest.html#idm140676267060848

Thanks,
Dan