[Slackbuilds-users] Fontforge build error

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Oct 3 19:58:10 UTC 2018

On Wed, 3 Oct 2018, sborg63 wrote:

> With multilib you could get confusion between /usr/lib
> and /usr/lib64. Maybe it should be looking in /usr/lib64.

   This could be, but glib is found in /usr/lib64.

> Have you considered this: https://www.slackbuilds.org/faq/#multilib

   Don't see anything applicable.

> Plus, if the new box is the latest of the latest hardware-wise, it is
> maybe worth considering running current because of its more 'current'
> kernel. I had to do this whenever I got a new laptop; the hardware was
> much better supported as well as more recent software (the openblas thread
> springs to mind).

   I have been thinking this is an issue. In the past I've always built
systems that were back from the bleeding edge. This time my budget allowed
me to buy components near the top, but below the 'gamers' level. Since I'm
getting build errors on packages that built with no errors on portables with
64-bit CPUs (but not the fastest, most expensive models) the hardware
newness might well be the factor.

   I'll look into upgrading to current.

Thanks,

Rich