[Slackbuilds-users] Fontforge build error

David Woodfall dave at dawoodfall.net
Wed Oct 3 20:39:22 UTC 2018

On Wednesday 3 October 2018 13:16,
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> put forth the proposition:
> On Wed, 3 Oct 2018, Matteo Bernardini wrote:
>
> > so it seems that in your case it is actually applicable: try building it
> > on a pure 64 system (here I build my packages on virtual machines).
>
> Matteo,
>
>   What makes a 64-bit system 'pure?' 14-2 was installed on a virgin disk and
> this morning I added the multilibs because adobe-reader works on only 32-bit
> systems.
>
> Rich

You could try creating a 64 bit chrooted environment to build
packages in. I do that for a few things that fail on multilib.

Basically you install slackware into a directory. Once done, you can
get a root login by typing:

chroot /path/to/chroot /bin/bash

installpkg has a --root option which you can use to installl packages
anywhere you like.

--
Dave

Three great scientific theories of the structure of the universe are
the molecular, the corpuscular and the atomic.  A fourth affirms, with
Haeckel, the condensation or precipitation of matter from ether --
whose existence is proved by the condensation or precipitation ... A
fifth theory is held by idiots, but it is doubtful if they know any
more about the matter than the others.

                                                            .--.  oo
                                                           (____)//