[Slackbuilds-users] Another build error: glabels

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Oct 4 16:50:54 UTC 2018

On Thu, 4 Oct 2018, Rich Shepard wrote:

> I just downloaded the BIOS firmware from 2018-09-21. That's certainly
> newer than the installed version. Will upgrade this morning and try
> building some packages. I have a spatial interpolation model to run first
> so it will be a bit before I get to the hardware issues.

   Status update.

   The original BIOS firmware on the motherboard (an Asus Prime X470-Pro) was
version 4018 dated 2018-07-12. I just upgraded it to version 4024 dated
2018-09-18.

   When I tried building the glabels package it quit when it didn't find a
make target for a required file:

lgl-db.c:134:1: note: in expansion of macro 'G_DEFINE_TYPE'
  G_DEFINE_TYPE (lglDbModel, lgl_db_model, G_TYPE_OBJECT);
  ^
Makefile:583: recipe for target 'lgl-db.lo' failed
make[2]: *** [lgl-db.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/tmp/SBo/glabels-3.4.0/libglabels'
Makefile:509: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/SBo/glabels-3.4.0'
make: *** [all] Error 2

   There are no specific dependencies for glabels, and this does look like a
resolveable hurdle and not a firmware issue. Of course, I may well be wrong
about this.

Regards,

Rich