[Slackbuilds-users] Fontforge build error

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Oct 5 14:41:50 UTC 2018

On Thu, 4 Oct 2018, David Woodfall wrote:

> After doing some building and diffing what sticks out is that in your
> log make is including
>
> /usr/lib/glib-2.0/include/glibconfig.h
>
> Whereas my log shows
>
> /usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include/glibconfig.h
>
> This is also on a 14.2 multilib system.
>
> Can you test the following change in the slackbuild just after the
> CFLAGS= and CXXFLAGS= lines add:
>
> GLIB_CFLAGS="-I/usr/lib$LIBDIRSUFFIX/glib-2.0/include" \
>
> If that doesn't work you could try exporting the variable and remove
> the '\' on the end.

Dave,

   That added GLIB_CFLAGS line is already in the build script. What I find
puzzling is that so many other libraries are built before this one fails. If
the makefile was looking in /usr/lib/ rather than /usr/lib64/ I'd expect the
build to fail at the first library.

   Regardless, I don't need fontforge on the new desktop. Perhaps some time
in the future it might be needed, but the probability is quite low.

   My focus is getting a working server/workstation and I need to focus on
critical files. Perhaps when 15.0 comes out all these issues will go away.

   Thanks very much for your efforts with fontforge.

Best regards,

Rich