[Slackbuilds-users] Fontforge build error

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Fri Oct 5 18:13:20 UTC 2018

On 10/5/18 7:46 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
>   I have an older desktop (never activeated) with an Asus Sabertooth 990fx
> motherboard and AMD FX-8150 CPU. I'll install 14.2 on it when the new hard
> drive arrives, apply all patches, and then try to build the SBo packages.
> This hardware is from 2011, not 2018 and I'm sure that will make a
> difference.

None of the error messages you showed can lead to make such an assumption,
let alone be sure of that.

The *only* way to make sure would be to make a clean 14.2 installation with
all patches applied and see what you get building the packages from the
SBo slackbuilds.

But yes ,make a clean install on the old box and see what happens.
At least that will be a first step in the good direction.

Didier