[Slackbuilds-users] brlcad, broken update submitted

Arnaud yth at ythogtha.org
Fri Oct 5 23:55:40 UTC 2018

> > Hi everybody,
>
> Hi Arnaud!
>
> > 	oops, I did it again...
> > Well, I've submitted an update to brlcad, but it doesn't work.
> > I throughly tested it, but for some reason, I retested the build and
> > execution of the old version - which we already knew was working - instead
> > of the new one, and the new one does not build.
> >
> > 	So, please, is it possible to - well... - remove it from next
> > update ? I hope to make it work before tomorrow, but until then there'd
> > better not be an update of brlcad tomorrow ^^
>
> Errrr, I simply added gdal (and therefore proj) to REQUIRES and now it
> builds fine for me... ;-)
>
> Thanks for another good update ;-)
>
> *But* if you still think I should remove it, I can do that, no problem!
>
> Cheers
> -D.

Thank you !

	Yeah, that'll work.
So keep it that way, there'll be another update later with compilation options
and things like that.

	Because, I don't really understand why that helps...
I'm currently fiddling with build options and my tests are showing that it
doesn't seem to find installed gdal when it's there.
And there are a few undocumented configuration options, even a QT5 version that
doesn't build (but fails at 50%, just to be sure you loose as much time as
possible :)).

So, go for it, and I'll investigate further on my side !

--
Arnaud <yth at ythogtha.org>