[Slackbuilds-users] 3 Slackbuilds looking for new maintainer

Harald Achitz harald.achitz at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 21:15:08 UTC 2018

Hi,

as a result of temporarily bans (several days) for nearly each post on LQ I
did in the last months, I decided to cancel my paid LQ subscription. Now
the LQ mod has banned me for ever.
I knew already how horrible LQ is moderated from several mods, but this
tells me the very rest I need to know about LQ.
Since Slackware has decided to use this place, that I can not follow
anymore, as it's community platform I have to wish Slackware all the best
for it's future.
No more development,or financial support from me for Slackware, Slackware
developers or Slackware related projects.

For Slackware this will not make any difference, other OS project and I can
be happy about the resources available.

However, one side effect is that the 3 Slackbuilds I maintain needs new
maintainers.

These are:

slack
https://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.2/network/slack/
slack desktop client
I haven't updated this for a while since it's change to GTK3, and because
if imho it uses insane amount of CPU/memory resources and the web client
works much better.

kcov
https://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.2/development/kcov/
a code ocverage tool for C/C++, python and bash scripts
nice talk from the author:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QMHbp5LUKg

sbbdep
https://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.2/system/sbbdep/
The tool for exploring binary runtime dependencies on Slackware and
Slackware based system.
This build will barely ever change since what it does is final and works, I
do not think that I now will ever finalise or release the features I have
in the queue.

All 3 builds are super simple, so there should not be any problems with
them.
If there are questions to them, I will for some time have a look at this
thread and help if I can.

Regards and all the best!