[Slackbuilds-users] new VLC always crashes

orbea at fredslev.dk orbea at fredslev.dk
Fri Oct 12 13:33:54 UTC 2018

> It looks more like a nvidia driver problem. Check wheater the dravier
installed correctly.

Yes, the nvidia driver is incorrectly installed. The issue is
specifically that libvdpau_nvidia.so does not exist. I would suggest
removing nvidia, cleaning up any broken symlinks left behind (See the
README), reinstalling xorg-server, mesa and then nvidia.
Alternatively with an older gpu nouveau may work just fine.