[Slackbuilds-users] Problem downloading pdfchain - may affect other packages

Eduardo Sanchez sombragris at sombragris.org
Sat Oct 20 14:51:34 UTC 2018

I use -current but I believe this issue affects any Slackware verson so
I report here.

Today I tried to build pdfchain with sbopkg and I had a problem: the
file name of the downloaded source file should have been
'pdfchain-0.4.4.2.tar.gz' but came as 'download' instead.

Then, sbopkg promptly complained that it couldn't build the package
since the source was nowhere to be found.

I think this have to do with sourceforge.net's download system, which
is unnecessarily convoluted and obfuscated, so maybe other packages
with source downloaded from sf.net may be affected.

Renaming the 'download' file to the appropriate name solves the problem
and building can proceed without issue.

Possible workarounds may involve using wget -O parameters.

Thanks,

Eduardo

--
Eduardo Sánchez Gauto, Abog., Th.M.
Abogado - Traductor Público Matriculado Inglés - Español