[Slackbuilds-users] liblinebreak and/or libunibreak

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 21:26:41 UTC 2018

liblinebreak's homepage at http://vimgadgets.sourceforge.net/liblinebreak/ says:

Deprecation Notice: Liblinebreak has been superseded by libunibreak

...and we already have a build for libunibreak.

I grepped the .info files, and nothing lists liblinebreak as a dependency.

Unfortunately, liblinebreak and libunibreak conflict: they both install
/usr/include/linebreak.h and /usr/include/linebreakdef.h, with different
contents.

Easiest solution here would be to remove liblinebreak. If that's not
desired, the 2nd easiest solution would be to add text to the READMEs for
liblinebreak and libunibreak stating that they conflict with each other.

The 'proper' solution would be to modify one or both builds so they don't
conflict. libunibreak uses pkg-config, so its includes could be moved to
e.g. /usr/include/libunibreak and its .pc file modified to point there.
Only one SBo build (fbreader) depends on libunibreak, so testing the
modified build wouldn't be a lot of work.