[Slackbuilds-users] six and python3-six

Benjamin Trigona-Harany slackbuilds at jaxartes.net
Tue Oct 30 17:59:44 UTC 2018

On 2018-10-30 10:57 a.m., Heinz Wiesinger wrote:

> We have both python2 and python3 versions of six in a single package in -
> current and it works just fine. I don't see why the package would need to be
> treated differently from other python libs. What am I missing here?
>
> Grs,
> Heinz

I don't think you are missing anything. As long as the *version* of a
Python module is the same for Python 2 and Python 3, then it makes sense
to have them in a single package or SlackBuild. As I mentioned in my
other email, there are rare cases where this isn't possible: IPython
won't go above 5.x for Python 2 but is on 7.x for Python 3.

Otherwise, keeping them together is usually the way to go.

Ben