[Slackbuilds-users] Xerox printer driver: deb or rpm for conversion?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Sep 3 21:40:30 UTC 2018

   Package maintainers re-package source code from .deb and .rpm packages.
I'm considering replacing my HP 2550C color laser printer which needs repair
with a Dell C1760NW. Web research taught me that since Dell and Xerox mated
Dell renamed the Xerox Phaser 6000B series printer to the C1760NW. Since
Dell provides drivers only for proprietary OSes, and Xerox also has a linux
CUP driver this looks like the way to go.

   So, my question is which source (.dep or .rpm) would be the better choice
to convert to a .tgz package? Both rpm2tgz and deb2tgz are installed, but
I've no idea if both are equal.

Regards,

Rich